Tuesday 14 January 2014

14th January 2014

Today I am very tired and I've had to cut my drawing short as I am working against what feels like a brick wall. The last Two days at work have been busy, combined with life drawing last night; I need some rest.

I also decided to sit down and just draw aimlessly today, to see what I could come up with. My mind was so blank, it wasn't good. I hope that will change with time!
I also need to really practice a lot of anatomy too. I have an Andrew Loomis book that I have to start following. I felt very defeatist today, but tried to push on as best I could. Watching tutorial videos from some of my favorite artists during lunch time at work is cool for getting me motivated and excited about getting home and doing some painting, but at the same time; it's giving me a false sense of skill level and making me fall quite hard. Depressing. But I won't allow my defeatist nature to win, I'm sure It must be possible for me to push through and become the artist I want to be... in time.

So here is the failure from tonight. It's so bad, I feel like I have regressed. I was very close to not posting it, but felt like I would be doing myself and my journey a disservice If I didn't. One day I will look back on these and laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment